Basically, acne is a disease of the hair follicles of the face, chest, and back that usually occurs in almost all teenagers during their puberty stage and may stay even after the puberty stage.
This post will discuss effective ways that always work for reducing acne.
Right Way Of Getting Rid Of Acne & Pimples
As you may know, moderation and regularity are good things, but not everyone can get 8 hours of sleep, eat 3 healthy meals per day, and drink plenty of water a day.
However, one of the most useful lifestyle changes one can follow is never to pick or squeeze pimples on the face. Because picking or popping pimples, regardless of how careful ad clean one is, always leaves behind a bump redder and bumpier for a long time.
People frequently refer to redness as “scarring,” but luckily, it generally is not permanent.
It is just a mark that takes a couple of weeks to fade away if left entirely alone.
Open The Pores
Periodic visits to an esthetician who is skilled at safely removing blackheads during a facial can be very helpful. Do not attempt to remove or pick blackheads by yourself as it can cause scarring and irritation.
Proper Skincare Routine
Make a daily skincare routine with the right skin products.
Some helpful skin products may include:
- Gentle Cleansers: Wash your face once or twice a day with a gentle cleansing bar or liquid or gel. This will keep the skin clean and reduce sensitivity and irritation effectively.
- Exfoliating Cleansers & Masks: Several mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used to minimize acne. These skincare products may include salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent.
Using these products will remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open the pores. Moreover, products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also mild to moderate skin exfoliants.
- Retinol: Not to be mistaken with the prescription medication Retin-A, this subordinate of vitamin A can help promote skin peeling.
- Consider Topical Retinoids: Products containing medicines derived from vitamin A are called retinoids. Products containing vitamin A such as tretinoin cream can significantly get rid of excess dead skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Try Antibacterial Cleansers: The most sough-after ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is ‘benzoyl peroxide’.
And bear in mind that benzoyl peroxide is a bleaching agent, so do not let items containing benzoyl peroxide come into contact with fabrics, as it may leave unsightly white spots on colored clothes, shirts, & towels.
- Topical (External) Applications: Antibacterial cleansers can be found in the form of gels, creams, and lotions that are applied to the affected area directly. And the active ingredients that kill surface bacteria are benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and resorcinol.
Dealing with acne takes patience and perseverance. And any of the treatments discussed above may take a few weeks or even months to start working.